Sep 6, 2012

J.crew The downtown field jacket

A while ago, I had a post talking why J.crew does not have my size... I was so excited when I saw the same jacket in size XXS! Yes, this time J.crew have a XXS! I knew I had to try it ASAP, so I did. I was not sure about color - I needed SO's opinion, I was thinking I would go back there soon so I didn't even take pics of it.

Unfortunately, we didn't have time for a while, when I came back to my local store, brown (below) was gone. I asked SA to check inventory, and he said none of stores all over US do have XXS. I checked online, now 'shipped Jan 2013'. Still possible I could get sooner than this but it is pretty cold around here in January - I cannot wear it by March for sure.




I was so sad, and depressed. Since I'm living in jeans, no matter what Brown was my first choice. I tried brown in XS, black in XS and navy in XXS. XXS fits me perfect while I was swimming in XS. I tried with thick sweater, but never changed.



The downtown field jacket deep navy size xxs


Eventually I came back home with navy XXS. My SO convinced me since I talked about that jacket forever. He also told me if I didn't get now, that navy could be gone too. I guess he does not want to listen to me talking about it any longer... That jacket is true deep navy, so I thought it ok to pair with faded (not dark navy) jeans. Probably with skirt and dress. A bit earlier for this jacket yet, so now I'm looking for cooling it down.


PS This year, J.crew factory had a look-like jacket (when I visited outlet one month ago). A bit cheaper (I guess around $130), but it starts from XS, which was unfortunately big on me.


See Amber from Easy Petite Look wearing this jacket in brown!

15 comments:

  1. This looks great! Sleeve length looks perfect! I was curious how this looked on...thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I love that sleeve length. You can wear it with rolled up sleeves too!

      Delete
  2. This is a very chic jacket that you'll wear all the time - I like the Navy, I think it'll match with a ton :) You made a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Now I'm actually happy with my choice of navy over brown!

      Delete
  3. Cute jacket!! So versatile and great color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like XXS in J.Crew now fits more like XS from past years. Do you think so?

    Navy's a great choice. I think it can be dressed up or down more easily than brown (which feels more casual). Can't wait to see this jacket in future outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I'm really looking forward to wearing it now!

      I agree with you about sizing in J.crew. I think most of XS somewhat fit me before...now XS would fit me if I'm really lucky.

      Delete
  5. I like the navy one better. I agreed with Cee, Navy is a great choice so it more versatile than brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Now I'm really happy with my Navy jacket. Cannot wait to wear it!

      Delete
  6. I love the navy! Did you see Amber of Easy Petite Looks wear this? I think she got the olive? It's a gorgeous jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I don't remember Amber's post... I have to check for sure! Thanks for letting me know!!

      Delete
  7. I love the navy on you. I recently bought the mossy brown, but I can't decide on the sizing. Did you get the XXS because it was more of a fitted look? How does it feel around your chest/arm area when it's zipped?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I wanted the brown one but at that time there was none. I got XXS since the shoulder in XS was apparently big on me. I feel a bit tight around my chest (I'm 30 DD or 32 D normally depends on bra) when zipped but arm is fine.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations for this wonderful reading article. I found it very informative and interesting too, I think you are a brilliant writer. I have bookmarked your blog and will return in the future. I want to encourage you to continue that marvelous work, have a great daytime!I am a china tour lover,You can learn more: China travel | China travel packages | China travel agents

    ReplyDelete